If you’ve recently lost your job in Arizona, you may be eligible for Arizona Unemployment Insurance benefits. You can apply for unemployment benefits for Arizona. Arizona unemployment benefits provide temporary compensation to those workers meeting the eligibility requirements of Arizona law. This is a guide to filing your claim for Arizona unemployment benefits. Your eligibility for Arizona unemployment benefits is based upon wages earned in the Arizona base period from employers who were required to pay Arizona unemployment insurance tax on your wages. Federal and military employees are covered differently.
- Social Security Number (SSN)
- Country of residence
- Name/address/phone of all employers for the last 18 months
- Last date of work
- Total amount of severance, accrued holiday, vacation, unused sick pay, all before deductions. Include date it was paid.
- The name and local number of your union hall, if you’re a union worker.
- Copy #4 of your DD Form 214, if you were discharged from the military in the last 18 months.
- SF 8 or SF 50, if you were a Federal employee in the last 18 months.
- If you are collecting a pension (not including Social Security) make sure you have the amount per month and start date
- Alien Registration Number, expiration, and type, if you are not a US Citizen.
- Unemployed due to no fault of your own.
- Able to work, available for work, willing to accept suitable work and actively seeking full time work.
- You must have worked minimum number of weeks specified by the State. Arizona State minimum weeks of covered employment requirement.
- You must have earned minimum amount of wages specified by State during this period. This amount may change every year. You can get complete eligibility criteria and the benefits calculator from state website mentioned in the next section. Minimum wages earned during the base period.
Arizona unemployment benefits are between $60 to $240 per week depending on wages. Federal Additional Compensation currently adds $25 per week. You can file your application for unemployment compensation online, by mail or by visiting local employment office or through telephone. Online application is the quickest and most efficient option which will also be available 24×7, 7 days a week.
- Go to Arizona Department of Economic Security website at https://www.azdes.gov/landing.aspx?id=4211 and click on the link File Your Weekly UI Claims.
- Then read the next page and make sure you have all the required information in your hand and click on the red button Proceed.
- Select the language that you want to use.
- Click Proceed and read the information, then click File a claim.
- Answer the three questions and click on the button Continue.
- Enter your Social Security number and create a four-digit personal identification number (PIN) for security purposes. Click Continue.
- Enter your date of birth, name and gender. Click Continue.
- Enter the requested information over the next few pages, including your Green Card number if you have one, military status, employers over the past 18 months and your current status for employment. Submit your claim.
- Check your mail for a letter detailing a day and time when a claims representative will call you for an interview to determine your eligibility for the unemployment claim. The representative will tell you how long it will be before you receive your check in the mail; it usually takes one to two weeks to receive the first check.
If you want file your claim by phone, call the unemployment compensation services.
Phoenix #: 602-364-2722.
Tucson #: 520-791-2722.
Telecommunications Device for the Deaf: 1-877-877-6226
Due to high call volumes, Arizona officials ask that if your Social Security number ends in 0, 1, 2, or 3, you call on Monday. If your Social Security number ends in 4, 5, 6, or 7, you call on Tuesday. Anyone can apply by phone on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday.
Also you can file claim to visit a One-Stop Center in any Arizona town to apply for your benefits.