Jan 282012

If you live in Alaska and lost your job without your won fault you can file Alaska unemployment insurance benefits and get a weekly benefit between $56 – $370 per week and an additional $24 per week for each dependent child (maximum three for maximum additional $72 per week). You will get benefits by direct deposit or by check. If you want to file Alaska unemployment insurance benefits make sure you have necessary documents in your hand and you are eligible to apply Alaska unemployment insurance benefits. Then follow the simple step below-

Information you will Need:

Whether filing for benefits online or by telephone, you will need to provide some basic information about yourself such as:

  • Name
  • Address
  • Social security number
  • Name, address, and telephone number of your last employer
  • Your last day worked
  • Reason for leaving the job
  • Wages earned during the last week of employment
  • If you are not a US citizen or national, you will need your Alien Registration Number, expiration date and document type
For Federal Employee and Ex-Military Person:
  • If you were a federal employee and were discharged, you can get unemployment compensation for federal civilian employees. You must provide an SF-8 form from the government employer.
  • You can get unemployment if you are an ex-military person. If you served in active duty in the last 18 months, you may be eligible. You will require to provide discharge papers (form DD-214). Disaster unemployment assistance is available for up to 26 weeks if you are unemployed because of a disaster.
  • Unemployed due to no fault of your own.
  • Able to work, available for work, willing to accept suitable work and actively seeking full time work.
  • The base period is the first four of the last five completed calendar quarters before the week you file an initial claim.
  • You must have been paid by an employer that must comply with unemployment insurance laws (covered employment).
  • You must have earned at least $2,500 in gross income over two calendar quarters of the base period. The Base Period for Alaska is the first four of the last five completed calendar quarters prior to the quarter in which a claim for benefits is filed.
  • You must continue to be eligible each week that you claim benefits – meaning you must be able to work, available for work, and actively seeking work.


File online:

  1. If you want to file an unemployment claim online go to the link http://labor.alaska.gov/esd_unemployment_insurance/ and click File Unemployment Benefits Online.
  2. Then read next page carefully and click the link myAlaska
  3. If you’re already registered, sign in and begin using applications or manage your profile through the registered user portal by clicking the link Sign into myAlaska. Then Sign in your existing account by entering your Username and Password
  4. If you new user start using myAlaska applications in just a few minutes by clicking the link Register for a myAlaska Account. Then create your Username it must be unique among myAlaska participants. If your first choice is not unique you will have to choose again. It must be between 1 and 120 characters long, and may contain only letters, numbers, and the following special characters: – _ @ . Your Username must be without any spaces and any other special characters. myAlaska does not distinguish between upper and lower case letters in usernames.
  5. Then create you Password and it must be between six and fifty characters long and may contain letters, numbers and special characters. Then enter your Password again for Verifying purpose.
  6. Select your Secret Question by using the drop-down menu and answer the question.
  7. Enter your email address and re-enter your email address for verifying your email address you enter is correct.
  8. Accept the User Agreement by clicking the checking box and click the button Start Registration.
  9. Then enter the necessary information and get your benefits.
Also you can file your claim by phone or the local office nearest you if you wish to apply in person:

If you want to file Claim by phone call one of the state’s UI Claim Centers-

Anchorage 907-269-4700
Juneau 907-465-5552
Fairbanks 907-451-2871
Or toll free 888-252-2557

  • When you file your claim you will receive your monetary determination letter with details and monetary determination letter will detail how many weeks your actual benefits will last, between a minimum 16 to maximum 26 weeks.
  • Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.